1. Give an account of the Valley of Dry Bones.
2. Describe the statue in Nebuchadnezzar's dream, and Daniel's interpretation of it.
3. "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." Explain what this means.
4. "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness." What is the mystery?
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Discuss the choice of the title "The Chosen." What is a tzaddik?
2. How did greed affect Pakhom? Or, describe life for a Russian peasant in the 1800's.
3. Summarize a short story or poem you read this term.
1. Choose "me" or "I." The walls surrounding Bobo and __ were dripping with humidity.
2. Write in passive voice: Sam washed all the windows on the front of the house.
3. Give words in which the following prefixes occur - dis, mis, re, trans, sub.
4. Parse the sentence, identifying: 1) the part of speech for each word; 2) for nouns and pronouns, the number (singular, plural) and case (nominative, objective/accusative, dative, possessive/genitive, vocative); 3) for verbs, the tense (past, present, future), voice (active, passive), and--if applicable--person (first, second, third). In addition, circle the verbs that belong to independent clauses (also called primary or coordinate clauses), and underline the verbs that belong to dependent (or subordinate) clauses. (Teacher: you may ask the student to provide more or less information, as appropriate.)
Pahom wanted to sow more wheat; so he rented land from a dealer for a year.
1. Give Hitler's rationale for the events that led to WWII.
2. Tell about the Nuremberg Trials.
3. Give an account of Ghandi and events in India. Or, discuss the Chinese Civil War.
4. Discuss Stalin, Lenin and the rise of communism.
5. What do you know about the Korean War?
1. Describe post-Britain Singapore, Ceylon, Darjeeling, or Dehli -- or 1975 London.
2. Describe South Africa in the 1970's.
3. "Australia was not built by kindness, nor even by idealism." Explain.
Natural History and General Science
1. Explain Kepler's three laws.
2. What do you know about the universal law of gravitation?
3. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
4. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
1. How do nature and art instruct the conscience?
2. Why are "casual efforts" of helpfulness that only satisfy our conscience not helpful? What is the remedy?
3. Do unions really raise wages? Explain.
4. Why is inflation merely a "mirage"?
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. A boat is going 32 miles downstream in two hours. The return trip against the current takes sixteen hours. Find the rate of the boat in calm water and the rate of the current.
2. Solve for x: 3x - 15 + x = 17
3. In a naval engagement one-third of the fleet was captured, one-sixth sunk, and two ships were burned; one-seventh of the remainder was lost in a storm after the battle. Finally, 24 ships sailed home. How many ships were in the fleet before the engagement?
4. The volume of a cylinder is 600pi centimeters cubed. The radius of a base of the cylinder is 5 cm. What is the height of the cylinder?
5. In a shipment of televisions, 1/50 of the televisions are defective. What is the ratio of defective to nondefective televisions?
6. New tile is being laid in a room 40 feet long by 22 feet wide. If each square tile is 6 inches x 6 inches, how many tiles will be needed to cover the floor?
1. Write, in your foreign language, a short essay expressing what makes a good leader.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2019 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.