1. Discuss the concept of "holy justice."
2. "Behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind." Tell about this promise.
3. Describe Jeremiah's calling.
4. "I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in Me may not remain in darkness." Comment on this.
5. "I am the way, and the truth, and the life." Explain.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Discuss the choice of the title "The Chosen." What is a tzaddik?
2. Summarize a short story you enjoyed this term.
3. Why is it a moral obligation to be intelligent?
1. Identify whether the italicized word is a direct object, or indirect object.
Gregory sent Jill a text containing all the relevant information.
Craig carefully pounded nails into the board in a straight line.
2. Write sentences showing correct use of "they're," "there" and "their."
3. Choose "his" or "their." Everyone should have __ own writing implement.
4. Parse the sentence, identifying: 1) the part of speech for each word; 2) for nouns and pronouns, the number (singular, plural) and case (nominative, objective/accusative, dative, possessive/genitive, vocative); 3) for verbs, the tense (past, present, future), voice (active, passive), and--if applicable--person (first, second, third). (Teacher: you may ask the student to provide more or less information, as appropriate.)
My hand was already on the lock of the door before I recollected myself.
1. Give a short account of what caused the Great War. (WWI)
2. What do you know about Vladimir Lenin?
3. What do you know about Theodore Roosevelt?
4. Give an account of Hitler and Germany before WWII.
5. Give Hitler's rationale for the events that led to WWII.
6. Contrast the presidency of Herbert Hoover with that of Franklin Roosevelt. Or, Give an account of Ghandi and events in India. Or, discuss the Chinese Civil War.
1. What did Kinglake see in Galilee?
2. Tell about pilgrims journeying to the Holy City.
3. Describe the plague in Cairo.
Natural History and General Science
1. Tell about the relation of physics to chemistry, biology, astronomy, geology or psychology.
2. Explain the role of tse-tse flies in Malta Fever. Or, Explain Kepler's three laws.
3. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
4. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
1. Use the Year 7-10 Questions for this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. Explain these terms: empowerment, monetarism, laissez faire, tort.
3. Name 5 of the "Seven Men Who Rule the World From the Grave." Tell about two of them.
4. What is Keynesian Economics?
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. Solve for x if 7x + 5 = -x + 41.
2. A rectangle field has an area of 300 square meters and a perimeter of 80 meters. What are the length and width of the field?
3. A real estate agent received a 6 percent commission on the selling price of a house. If his commission was $8,880, what was the selling price of the house?
4. Are two lines with the same slope perpendicular?
5. A right triangle has a hypotenuse of length 30 and a leg of length 10. To the nearest tenth, what is the length of the other leg?
1. In your foreign language, summarize a situation/issue happening in current events.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
|AO is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.|
Copyright © 2002-2020 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.
KEEP AO FREE by respecting our copyrights and License   Header and Menus by Aidan Bennett, Apr 2020